Tuesday 5 February 2008

Who Lives Here?

Who lives in a house like this?

Mmmm - let us examine the evidence. I have my trusty magnifying glass at the ready.
Someone who likes to read......a LOT
Someone who likes to bake cakes. I deduce from the bunch of rosemary that this must be a Rosemary Loaf Cake, a Nigella Lawson recipe from her book 'How to be a Domestic Goddess', I believe.
This is a classic Victoria Sandwich.
Let us get closer to establish whether this is really a sponge cake with jam AND cream....yes, it appears to be.
Now this is a real treat - Pineapple Upside Down Cake. A very nice, old fashioned recipe.
O.K. Something tells me that this isn't the person who likes to read and bake lots of cakes. He looks like the very spoilt pet of the person in question and I don't like the way he's watching me - at all.
And he appears to be wearing her scarf - the skinny green glittery one which she really loves.
Mmmm, I know who lives in this house and I'm off to tell her about THAT dog and his superior ways.
Huh, bet I could never get away with wearing her scarf.
Oh well, it's a fox's life and I do get to lounge on the bed occasionally.
Ta ta for now all you would-be sleuths.
And bye from the person who lives in this house, likes to read a lot, bake cakes and spoil her very special doggy who doesn't mind at all being dressed in a green glittery scarf. She also has to put up with a very cheeky little fox who thinks he's Sherlock Holmes.
Sandi x