Thursday 21 August 2008

Left-over Wool Creations

I have been able to knit for as long as I can remember. The result is that I have amassed lots and lots of left-over bits of wool. To use them up I have made quite a few of these crocheted throws. The nice thing about these is that they grow very quickly and it is easy to add to them as and when time allows. If the odd hole develops over time I leave well alone - I feel that it adds to the vintagey charm. The teddy is reclining on two silk hankie cases which I have had for a while - one is hand painted and is so pretty. The teddy cost 10p and I knitted the jumper. The flower garland came from a charity shop. I rarely spend much on the things I bring home - I think that finding little inexpensive 'treasures' is so satisfying.
At the moment the rain is pouring down yet again so I'm off to my craft room to make some more pages for a nostalgia scrapbook I have started.
Until next time,
Enjoy your creating,
Sandi :)