Wednesday 27 August 2008

Weekend Treasures

A few of the little things found this weekend whilst out and about. I love the soft colours on the old sequin applique piece. This was from the most incredible vintage clothes shop. I could have spent hours in there just drooling at all the loveliness. The beaded purse was from another antiques emporium but in a rather sorry state. After some repairs and a nice gentle wash it looks much improved. I love these old lustres - I think of them as room jewellery. They need a good wash too. The large silver locket opens up - it reminds me of a pocket watch but is meant to hold photo's. I think it will look good on a piece of narrow velvet ribbon. My daughter bought me a real gem which I have coveted for so long - a vintage top hat which I have blogged about on http://thenostalgiafairy.com/

The books were a bargain from a charity shop - half the original price so they cost me a grand total of £1.20p. Lots of inspiration there. The clothes brush is too cute - hand painted and at 50p a real snip.
Despite the Bank Holiday weekend weather - iffy to say the least, I quite enjoyed it.
Hope you enjoyed your weekend too whatever you chose to do.
Until next time,
Hugs,
Sandi x