Monday 18 June 2007

Painted flowers and sparkly bags

I mentioned in my first post that I love flowers and glitter. All flowers and as much glitter as I can get away with. In my opinion there can never be too much glitter!!!

This is a picture of one of my wardrobes, there is also a larger one and a dressing table, all with the same hand-painted flowers. I saw this bedroom set at a local antique centre just before last Christmas and just fell in love with it. I went home, took out the tape measure and decided it would all fit into my bedroom. The next task was to drag husband along and convince him that we really needed it. I was more than happy for it to be my Christmas present and it was installed by the time Christmas arrived. I'm not usually so happily indulged but I am thrilled to bits with my flowery bower. I vowed not to hang anything from the handles but that was short-lived and a few things have been added.. I'm not good at minimalism, I just don't get it. I need lots of pretty things to look at and enjoy. Judging by all the lovely blogs out there that I have only recently discovered I know I am not alone. Once I am more familiar with the whole proccess [I'm a real technophobe] I will add some of my favourite blogs to mine. Until then thank you all for the pleasure you give.