Friday 17 August 2007

Finished at last!

This is one of those projects that has to be very much long term if you want to hold on to your sanity! It just cannot be rushed. At least not in my opinion. I started making this bedcover many, many years ago. I did all of the small squares and sewed them together. Then I left it for a few more years. I then added some rows around the edge as I just couldn't face doing any more squares. It isn't the making of them, but all of the sewing and the loose ends that have to be tidied up. I am not the most patient of people and in the end I got really fed up with the whole thing. I recently found my poor abandoned blanket and decided that enough is enough. It deserved to be finished. It looked at me accusingly, if you know what I mean. It needed to feel complete. O.K. I've really lost the plot now. I know a blanket doesn't actually Feeeel, but I felt guilty about another unfinished project lurking in the closet!!! I bought a new batch of wool and got stuck in. I have just finished it and am so pleased. The only thing is I now have lots of oddments of wool left over and am wondering what to do with them all. I know, I could always crochet a bedcover........