Saturday 4 August 2007

Old lace and china shoes

I work in a small market town and during my lunch-break I like to go 'mooching' around the charity shops - we do have four after all! There is also a kind of outside antiques vendor in a courtyard just off the High Street that has a wide selection of bits and pieces. When I wandered through yesterday she had just had a whole load of lacy stuff in. One woman had already bought lots of it as soon as it was put on display. Gnashing of teeth going on here. Anyway, I managed to purchase a few nice things all at £1.00 a piece. Some of it is destined to be made into fairy frocks.

Anyway, I thought I would show you a few more things recently acquired. I am beginning to think I have an addiction to anything pink or that delicate shade of peach but I just love it. This trio of cups were among the lot of stuff I bought at auction and I can't believe that I got it all for just £3.00. No one was interested in it and until David brought it all home I didn't realise just how much stuff there is. All I can think is that I have very peculiar taste but I know you collecting addicts out there will appreciate my delight.
This tea cup is just so dainty, don't you think? This is a definite one to go on to my dresser once I have finished painting it. Might get it done a lot quicker if I didn't spend so much time blogging.
This pretty dish was one of my lunch-time charity shopping finds at £1.00.
Well spotted I thought.
The trinket box was bought in a moment of ebay weakness. Quite nice, but I have to say that I don't ebay as much as I used to. Don't have time now as I much prefer to spend my computer time reading lovely blogs.
Another charity shop bargain and I do confess I only really bought this because of the pretty little spoon. Incidentally, I photographed this on top of the partially painted dresser. The colour is called Old White and I am quite pleased with it. I think all my bits and pieces will show up quite well against this rather than that horrible orange pine that I have put up with for much too long. But you know how it is with some projects, something else always seems to take priority but I couldn't put up with that colour any longer, it had to go.
This is a Minton plate bought in the aforementioned antiques courtyard. Too pretty to pass up on and only £2.50. There were some larger ones too but as I am going to use this for display I only wanted one. So if you happen to be in the area I have left some for you to buy.
The shoe and clogs were in with the auction stuff so although I wouldn't go out of my way to buy anything like this they are quite sweet. I did go through a phase a few years ago of buying shoe ornaments but I'm over it now. Lol.
Thought I would finish off with a very sweet postcard that I have had for years. I don't 'collect' postcards but the sentiment of this appealed to me . Hope you all enjoy your week-end whatever you're doing. Bye for now.