Friday 11 September 2009

The fruits of my labour

Our little damson tree has produced masses of fruit this year. Good fruit, large and juicy and too good not to use up.

So I gathered together some jars - no mean task when we dutifully put out all our empties these days for recycling.
I hubbled, bubbled and toiled over a hot stove to produce damson jam and lovely, clear jelly. More damsons and sugar were added to some gin which needs to be shaken up regularly for a couple of months. The damson gin should be ready in time to enjoy at Christmas. I've never made it before so am looking forward to this little treat.Naturally I just had to give the jars the nostalgia fairy treatment. I decorated the tops with tissue paper and fine net.
Tied on with paper ribbon. Little hand-made charms add a whimsical touch.
I made the labels using a one of my own photo's of damsons.
All in all a satisfying little project.
I feel really mother earth'ish :)
Until next time,
Have a great weekend whatever you are doing.
Sandi x