Saturday 8 December 2007

Festive Preparations

It is no coincidence that Christmas sweets and treats have more than a touch of whimsy. Tiny marzipan fruits have a child-like appeal and I had to buy these as soon as I saw them.

The richness of the Christmas pudding makes this a once a year treat. Sometimes I make one, but not this year. I'm realistic enough to accept that I can't always make everything for the festive table so this year the pudding is a bought one, made by a local lady who runs a weekly stall in our town. I'm sure it will be delicious as it is full of lovely ingredients.
Chocolate coins and peppermint creams, so evocative of my childhood. Mum and dad always set out lots of little dishes of sweets, nuts and chocolates on Christmas Eve and we have continued this tradition.Sugar mice, what could be more Christmassy than these?
Antique pine shelves, dressed in ivy, lace and tiny fairy lights.
Very festive looking corner of the kitchen, my most favourite room in the house.
The aroma of mince pies baking in the oven is pure perfection for me. Delicious when eaten whilst still warm and accompanied by a mug of tea.
These won't last long!!!!!!
Finally, the first Christmas tree to appear in our house, this one is in Zoe's room.
I love to deck our halls gradually but at least I feel a start has been made to the festivities. I hope your preparations are going to plan.
Take care,
Sandi x