Friday 21 May 2010

A truly hot day

We English are never, ever satisfied with our weather.  It is our national pastime to discuss it, complain about it and generally make some comment about it at least once a day.  Now not wanting to let the side down I will tell you that today has been possibly the hottest day of the year so far (of course I may be wrong) but at least it felt like the hottest day when I had my hand down our drain cleaning it out earlier today.  Oh the glamourous life I lead.  Yup, it was at the most odiferous stage in the whole operation when I envied my fur babies their relaxed, unhurried lives.  Ah well, at least I have the dubious pleasure of knowing that my drains are clean once again, the water will drain away unhindered by debris and is it any wonder that I have had a couple of glasses of wine this evening:)
Wishing you a happy weekend ahead - hopefully drains permitting:))
P.S. The very first pics are views from my house over the rooftops - I love my zoom lens.