Monday 12 November 2007

A Vintage Wardrobe

Today I tackled a job that strikes fear into my heart. Something that I put off for as long as possible. TIDYING THE WARDROBE!!!!!! Behind this very pretty facade lay a terrible sight. Not just the clothes, shoes and bags in awful disarray, but all sorts of things which have been stuffed in, out of sight, out of mind. Things which have no business in a ladies vintage wardrobe.Such unattractive things as a carrier bag full of odd socks, not even mine. A photo album, waiting to be filled. Birthday cards, waiting to be er, filed. You get the picture I'm sure and I've told you far too much now.

So, without further ado, I sallied forth. The silver bag was a recent find so takes current pride of place hanging off the door.
I will not inflict on you the shambles that lay within, but everything came out and the interior had a good vacuum and polish. Then came the fairly pleasant part. Placing everything lovingly back, carefully arranged on many pretty hangers. Memories evoked by so my things.
Ah, that's better, I'm getting there now.
Oh yes, improving all the time.
A small digression. My pride and joy, a witches cloak in black velvet.
In complete contrast a fairy cape.
Cute slippers.
A favourite pair of shoes.
Nicely padded hangers. Ok. back to the nitty gritty. Mutter, mutter.
Phew, thank goodness I've finished. Looks reeesonably alright... ish. But of course you didn't see the before, now did you? I don't profess to be any kind of Domestic Goddess and lean towards the more bohemian mode of housework. I think if you surround yourself with enough beauty, the odd layer of dust only adds to the romance. Tongue is firmly in cheek here. I'm sure Aggie and Kim would have something to say about my housekeeping. Never mind, I'm happy enough with my mess and I do blitz the place fairly regularly!!!! Now then, the next wardrobe beckons because that was the one with just the vintage stuff in. Really must have a clear out one of these days....but not just yet.
Time now for a much needed cup of tea, or six.
Bye for now,
Hugs,
Sandi x