Sunday 14 October 2007

Apple Pies and Acorns

Another apple pie waiting in the kitchen to be consumed with great gusto later today. So comforting at this time of the year, made with well sweetened Bramley apples and rich short-crust pastry made with butter.

After I had finished making this I turned my attention to some apples sitting in a bowl on the kitchen table. I recently collected some acorns from the woods and gave them some glamour treatment. Gold acrylic paint and some glitter, simple yet effective. I'm also wondering whether the fake sweetcorn would benefit from a light coating of glitter too.
I think they look really pretty and seasonal together.
The apples have acquired a coat of glitter too, totally unintentional!!!!
I sprayed a sprig of oak leaves with a more coppery colour for contrast.
I think these would look nice piled into a bowl with some Christmas greenery too or maybe hung from the branches of the Christmas tree. I'm off to have a nice cup of tea now and have a ponder on my next little project.

Bye for now,

Sandi x