Tuesday 2 October 2007

Wicker Basket Makeover

I thought I would show you one of my recent little projects. This is a fishing basket that my husband has had since he was a lad. He never used it but didn't want to throw it away. I decided it would be ideal in the bathroom to store spare supplies in. For years and years it remained in its au naturel state, just plain orange wicker. It kind of blended into the background of the bathroom and had the occasional scrub to keep it clean. A few weeks ago I looked at it afresh and for some reason decided that I wanted to paint it purple. Not the usual bathroom hue but then I am not the usual kind of person ( taste wise that is!). Chose this colour after much searching in DIY type places and it is called Sorcere, very magical I thought.

I am quite pleased with the result and I think the addition of the old lace and flowers adds a touch of glamour....... Anything that has done such sterling service as this little basket deserves a bit of pampering. I love it all over again and I'm sure it's good for a few more years.