Wednesday 19 September 2007

Sparkle

This is one of those fibre optic lamps that I just love and isn't my usual vintage style. I have been sitting in front of the computer this evening catching up on blogs that I like to visit. This lamp is sitting on the table right next to the computer. It has found its way here from my son's room which is in the throes of being decorated. I thought that it looked so pretty, even if it is wafting around right under my nose. So of course, I had to take a photo of it. Little Miffy was already in the background, sitting on top of the processer so has managed to get into the picture! It got me thinking how so many advances have been made in technology. How fortunate we are nowadays and how easy it is to take all of these things for granted. I'm sure that my own grandparents, born at the turn of the last century would have marvelled at something like this.
I have a fibre optic Christmas tree, all twinkly pink fluff, and one of those little cottages covered in twinkling snow and icicles, all courtesy of fibre optics. I love history and of course delight in nostalgia but I am so grateful that I live now and can enjoy all of the benefits of the 21st Century.
It is my son's birthday tomorrow which means I will be drawing out the winner of one of my Nostalgia Fairies, no fibre optics but plenty of sparkle and oodles of prettiness.
Bye for now.
Sandi x