Sunday 30 September 2007

Strawberry Scones and Cream

Another moment of domesticity today. This post features one of my all time favourite treats- warm, home baked scones with jam and fresh cream.

The pastry cutters I use are vintage and I had to do battle on ebay to win these! I saw a set of these many years ago in a local antiques shop. They were in pristine condition and I didn't buy them when I saw them but went away to 'think about it'. You guessed it, when I went back they had gone. Grrrrr.... how many times have we all done that.
Anyway, the recipe I use for these is from Nigella Lawson's book 'How to be a domestic Goddess'. I added some chopped, dried strawberries to the mixture and they turned out quite nice.
The fabric scone holder was from Portugal and makes a pretty display.
Not that they lasted long!